Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The results are in...

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down" - Chumbawumba 'Tubthumping'
 As you might guess by the lyrics above, my painting was not accepted into the MNSF Fine Arts Show. I will admit I am a little disappointed but where one door closes a window opens. My painting will be on display at Salon 300: Minnesota State Fair Overflow Show at the Hopkins Center for the Arts! I won't be able to make it to the opening reception but you can bet that I will make it out there to see it, I hope you will too.

I'm going to spend a good amount of time in the studio today, experimenting, working on lessons from several workshops I'm taking and rocking out. The cool cloudy weather makes my creative juices flow. 

What are some of your favorite workshops you've taken, online or in person?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't get in! A friend of mine always says that the secret to life is getting thrown off the horse seven times and getting on the horse eight.

    As far as workshops go, I went to the Creative Chicago Expo this spring, which is a free seminar for artists about marketing. I saw a presentation by a San Fransisco performance artist named Philip Huang that changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, I took a workshop in person from Beryl Taylor - it was great. And an on-line one I took was "The Art of Silliness" by Carla Sonheim. She's offering it again in Sept. - it was a lot of fun, non-stresful, and lots of great drawing exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like what you are doing!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete